1–25 of 48 items | Next »
Bethel New Life Career Preparatory Program
- Tom Otto, May 2, 2013
- Are your dreams bigger than $8.25 an hour? Invest in yourself. Only six months to the future you dream about. Find out how. Enroll in Bethel's Free Career Preparatory Program. Call Eric Courts at…
Day of Peace: Student project aims to have a day without violence
- Reposted from Wgntv.com, May 2, 2013
- More than 47 homicides were commited in the City of Chicago last June. It was one of the bloodiest months all year. This June, a group of charter and public school students working together have…
Stewards Market Creating a "Soulution"
- Reposted from The Stewards Market, Mar 28, 2013
- We are SO excited to announce our campaign to launch an intensive training academy for our young adults on July 15, 2013! This academy is more than a solution to the violence and lack of opportunity…
Can a restaurant transform a neighborhood?
- Reposted from Chicago Reader, Mar 20, 2013
- Not long after Chet Jackson arrived in West Humboldt Park in 2011, he thought he'd found a way to get the drug dealers off the corners. He'd open a restaurant.
Jackson had just been hired away from…
Free Fitness Class Participants Reap Benefits
- Isaiah Ross, Feb 22, 2013
- Did you know that West Humboldt Park Development Council offers seven free fitness classes at various locations throughout the West Humboldt Park Community?
SBIF Funds Available for Companies in Division-Homan TIF
- Tom Otto, Feb 21, 2013
- Attention companies in the Division-Homan TIF District:
Building Improvement Grants are Here!
JUST IN TIME FOR SPRING IMPROVEMENTS
For the first time, the Division-Homan TIF…
Free Business Training Program for Business Owners Planned for May 2013
- Tom Otto, Jan 4, 2013
- Grow Your Business Training Program Planned for May 2013
As a business owner would you like to:
Learn to think more entrepreneurially?
Learn how to better manage your business?
Quentin Love: Transitioning Communities One Meat at a Time
- Reposted from Cuisine Noir, Jan 3, 2013
- *Opening Soon* TurkeyChop 3506 W. Chicago Avenue Chicago, IL 60651
Thousands of restaurants open each year looking to be the next best thing with creative dining concepts that focus on the needs…
Start Your Business Plan with Our Step-by-Step Tool
- Reposted from SBA.gov, Dec 17, 2012
- Having a business plan is a must for small business owners, but finding the time to put pen to paper often means putting it on hold. But when you find the time, what's next? What format should it…
City of Chicago Business Affairs & Consumer Protection News
- Reposted from City of Chicago Business Affairs & Consumer Protection, Dec 12, 2012
- BACP continues to offer free workshops every Wednesday and Friday at City Hall in Room 805. They are open to the public, and cover a variety of topics. If you are looking to start or grow your…
Bro-N-Laws BBQ - Business Profile
- Tom Otto, Nov 28, 2012
- My inspiration for this restaurant was Southern Style Bar-B-Q. While spending my childhood summers in Mississippi my family often hosted outings and barbeques. This was an event where family and…
November Business Workshops
- Tom Otto, Nov 1, 2012
- Check out these upcoming November business workshops sponsored by the City of Chicago. The Department of Business Affairs & Consumer Protection (BACP) offers workshops every Wednesday and…
Healthy Eats Coming to Chicago Avenue... more news...
- Tom Otto, Oct 19, 2012
- Healthy Eats Coming to Chicago Avenue
You can’t tell from outside, but construction is well underway at 3506 W Chicago (near St Louis). The site will become the area’s first sit-down…
Community Small Business Owner Achieves Success
- Reposted from Bethel New Life, Oct 15, 2012
- Adolfo Vizcaino began his career working on air conditioning and heating systems, and quickly grew to love the work. As his skills continued to increase, the longtime West Side resident knew he…
Food Day 2012 Urban Agriculture Policy Convening
- Tom Otto, Oct 10, 2012
- Advocates for Urban Agriculture (AUA) will hold a convening of Chicagoland urban agriculture networks, organizations and practitioners to learn about each others’ advocacy/policy-related…
New Microsite Launched to Support Local Food Systems
- Tom Otto, Sep 26, 2012
- The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning has launched a new microsite and video to help support local food systems in metropolitan Chicago at www.cmap.illinois.gov/food .
West Humboldt Park 4th Annual African Cultural Festival Saturday, September 8
- Isaiah Ross, Aug 22, 2012
- The West Humboldt Park Community invites all to participate in the 4th Annual Kells Park African Cultural Festival !
News from the Department of Business Affairs & Consumer Protection (BACP)
- Reposted from BACP, Aug 15, 2012
- Welcome to "Business Source," the monthly City of Chicago Department of Business Affairs & Consumer Protection (BACP) official business newsletter bringing you important business licensing…
Dinner Event for potential Humboldt Park Portal writers Wed Aug 22
- Tom Otto, Aug 6, 2012
- The Humboldt Park Smart Communities Program Presents:
The Humboldt Park Portal Writers
A dinner event for the potential citizen journalists of our community
- Tom Otto, Jul 26, 2012
- Check out our latest newsletter for news about WHPDC and the West Humboldt Park community.
West Humboldt Park Development Council Welcomes New Community Development Planner, Isaiah Ross
- Isaiah Ross, Jul 25, 2012
- Mr. Ross was welcomed as Community Development Planner at WHPDC in May 2012. A native of the Englewood Community, he has an outstanding passion for serving the needs of low-income, underserved,…
Special Service Area (SSA) Presentation
- Tom Otto, Jul 24, 2012
- On June 15, 2012 Gina Caruso, City of Chicago, Department of Housing and Economic Development, provided an overview of the Special Service Area (SSA) program to 30 community residents and business…
Chicago-Style BBQ Tour: Looking for the Best with Hecky Powell
- Reposted from Chicago Magazine, Jul 18, 2012
- First things first. If you’re ordering your barbecued ribs through anything but a thick sheet of bulletproof glass, you’re not getting real Chicago-style ribs.
First Eagle Bank Makes Renovating Your Business Even Easier
- Tom Otto, Jul 11, 2012
- The Small Business Improvement Fund (SBIF) program uses local Tax Increment Financing (TIF) revenues to help owners of commercial and industrial properties and/or tenants within specific TIF…
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses
- Tom Otto, Jun 28, 2012
- Learn more about Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses at City Colleges of Chicago. The program is designed to give small business owners across the greater Chicago area resources to grow.
1–25 of 48 items | Next »